To get married in Oklahoma: visit your county clerk or the county’s website to find out the marriage requirements.
Confirm the following:
1. What valid form of photo ID is required? Do both of you need to bring proof of age, a birth certificate, driver’s license or passport?
2. Does a minor need a parent’s consent to get married?
3. Are there residency requirements for applicants in the state of Oklahoma?
4. There will be a license fee that you will need to pay to the Clerk of Court. How much?
The license has a expiration date. Be sure you secure a wedding officiant for a particular date before applying for the license. send email to Joy for her availability. She is located in the OKC area.
5. Is there a waiting period after applying for the marriage license? There may be a different waiting period depending on one’s age.
6. Are blood tests required?
7. Is there a waiting period if I have been recently divorced?
You may have more questions of your own, write them down and have your list handy when you talk with the Clerk’s office.