1. What kind of ceremonies do you do? Christian (religious) or Civil (non-religious).
Any of my religious ceremony options would be appropriate for non-denominational, Methodists, Baptists, Presbyterians, United Church of Christ, Lutherans, Pentecostal, or Evangelical.
The non-religious options are appropriate for those who are not Christians or not practicing their faith.
I am not a priest so cannot perform a Roman Catholic ceremony. I have however co-officiated ceremonies with a priest where the bride and groom were Roman Catholic and Protestant. The priest usually does the vows, I usually do the homily or meditation and/or readings. If you do most of the planning with the priest, my fees would be reduced in this situation.
2. Do you perform same-sex marriage ceremonies? Yes
3. Do you attend the rehearsal dinner or reception? Invitation to a rehearsal dinner or wedding reception is not expected nor necessary.
4. Do you take credit cards? Yes. Full payment is required in advance. I use PayPal, but you do not need to have a PayPal account, any major credit card will work. You can also pay me cash at the rehearsal or the day of the wedding. You can use a check or credit card for the reservation deposit.
5. Refunds. If your plans change, you forfeit your Reservation Deposit. All other money will be refunded. If I have to cancel due to a serious family emergency, health crisis, or act of God, a full refund will be issued. To date, I have never cancelled on a wedding.
6. Reservation: $50. deposit per date (one for wedding, one for rehearsal). You lose this deposit if your plans change. All other money will be refunded.
7. What is the travel expense: We donate 60 miles* of travel. The mileage expense is based on the IRS figure of 50 cents per mile for business travel. Figure the round trip distance from the OK State Capitol to the wedding location. Subtract 60 miles, multiply the remaining amount by 50 cents.* If you reserve a rehearsal on the previous day, mileage is figured the same way except NO 60 mile discount. The mileage expense should be included in your advance payment. (*Subject to change depending on rising gas prices.)
If two round trips are required because of a rehearsal scheduled the day before the wedding, I may negotiate on 1 nite lodging expense after the rehearsal. In other words, if the travel time is more than 3 hours RT, overnight lodging after the rehearsal is suggested. No second round trip expense would be necessary then.
Maximum mileage expense for 2014 is $200. per day, anywhere in Oklahoma.
If out of state travel is required, you will be responsible for reasonable air fare & lodging reimbursement.
8. Do you barter? On occasion, I have bartered my services for other services or goods. If you are interested in this option, tell me what you have that is of comparable value to consider.
9. Are there any locations that you would refuse? Most likely anything that would involve extreme sports or shotgun weddings. Run anything else by me that has a risk factor. If there is a mother or father that is highly stressed, let me know that too!
Still have questions? send email to Joy or fill out the Contact Form.